71: Advent of Whiskey: More Holiday Trivia and Tech Interviews
Robbie and Chuck think the process is rigged. Memorizing algorithms and solving problems in 30 minutes isn’t good enough to judge someone’s capabilities and decide whether they can be trusted for a job.
Many great developers crack under the pressure of interviews but that doesn’t mean they’re not good at what they do. The interview process is just a formality to verify someone’s identity, it shouldn’t be used to drill developers and set them up for failure. Companies are better off looking at a developer’s open-source and public projects to see what they have to offer.
In this episode, Chuck and Robbie talk about Holiday Trivia and the major downside with algorithms in tech interviews.
- [00:37] - Number 17 Whiskey: Writer’s Tears Copper Pot Irish Whiskey.
- [06:40] - Number 18 Whiskey: Lawes San Luis Valley Straight Rye.
- [10:44] - Number 19 Whiskey: Kurayoshi Pure Malt Whiskey.
- [13:54] - Holiday Trivia.
- [22:45] - Fixing a broken interview system.
[18:44] - “I’m a passenger on this journey, and I want to have experiences in that journey.” ~ Chuck Carpenter
- Writer’s Tears Copper Pot Irish Whiskey
- Jameson 15
- Redemption Rye Whiskey
- Lawes San Luis Valley Straight Rye
- Togouchi Premium Blend Japnese Whiskey
- Kurayoshi Pure Malt Whiskey
- Die Hard
- Home Alone
- Old Trafford
- Manchester United
Connect with our hosts
Subscribe and stay in touch
Top-Tier, Full-Stack Software Consultants
This show is brought to you by Ship Shape. Ship Shape’s software consultants solve complex software and app development problems with top-tier coding expertise, superior service, and speed. In a sea of choices, our senior-level development crew rises above the rest by delivering the best solutions for fintech, cybersecurity, and other fast-growing industries. Check us out at shipsha