66: Advent of Whiskey: State of JS, ChatGPT, and Browser APIs
One of the topics covered in the State of JS survey is browser APIs like WebGL, Web Animations, and Service Workers. Chuck and Robbie test their knowledge to see how much they know about them and Robbie recounts his terrible experience with service workers in Ember.
In this episode, Chuck and Robbie talk about the importance of the State of JS survey, the features of different browser APIs, and the viral ChatGPT chatbot from OpenAI.
- [00:41] - Number Six Whiskey: Mars Shinshu Iwai 45% Japanese Blended Whisky.
- [06:12] - Numer Seven Whiskey: J. Rieger & Co. Blended 46%.
- [10:35] - Number Eight Whiskey: Two Stacks The Blenders Cut Cask Strength
- [17:00] - The features of the new browser APIs.
- [20:55] - The popularity of ChatGPT on Twitter.
[20:07] - “Well, it's good that you realized that Ember is dead, and you’ve moved on to other technologies.” ~ Chuck Carpenter
[20:43] - “Cache is just hard. That has been said in software for longer than we’ve been around or at least the internet.” ~ Chuck Carpenter
[20:55] - “The only way that I’ve ever used WebSockets was to replace polling for your API.” ~ Robbie Wagner
- Flaviar's "Depths of Whiskey" Advent Calendar
- Mars Shinshu Iwai 45 Japanese Blended Whisky
- J. Rieger & Co. Kansas City Whiskey
- Two Stacks The Blenders Cut Cask Strength Whiskey
- Jameson Irish Whiskey
- State of JS
- Google Chrome
Connect with our hosts
Subscribe and stay in touch
Top-Tier, Full-Stack Software Consultants
This show is brought to you by Ship S